Central Yorkshire Scouts provides opportunities for more than 7000 young people to gain skills for life in Leeds and Wakefield but we are passionate about providing that opportunity to 1000s more young people. To enable us to work towards this goal as a county we provide support to all new groups, this support is outlined in the County Development policy below.
As well as support under the DSP we are more than happy to help with advice and support about starting new groups or section, or how to access the relevant support from the County and HQ with your development projects. For more information about growth and development in Central Yorkshire please contact: Sarah McAtominey – Deputy County Commissioner (Development) email@example.com
To request support with a specific growth or development project for your section, group or District please fill in the project request form
To apply for support under our Development Support Policy, please use this form.
Development Support Policy
One of the main objectives of the County is to support the development of Scouting in the Leeds and Wakefield areas. This policy sets out a range of practical initiatives to support the initial development of new provision across the County.
All new sections created in the County
All new sections formed in the County after 1st September 2018 will be eligible to apply for the following:
• 1st year County Membership Fee – all new sections formed in the County are eligible for relief from payment of the County membership fee in the first year of operation. It is expected that the District membership fee will be waived by the relevant District. The new section will still need to pay the HQ membership fee.
• Use of County Activity Centres – every new section will have the opportunity to have an off-peak residential stay at either Aldwark or Bramhope (subject to availability) with the usual building hire charge being waived.
• A one-off start-up grant of £100 for all new sections that do not qualify for an HQ start-up grant.
To apply for any of the elements included in the Development policy please complete this short form
Central Yorkshire also has a Growth and Development Officer, Elizabeth Wells, who is working with the development project working group to support the development of Scouting in Central Yorkshire. The project has a number of key areas of focus:
• Supporting the restart and recovery of groups post COVID-19.
• Supporting the new provision process for new groups and sections.
• Building links in the communities of Leeds and Wakefield.
• Supporting with larger scale development projects in the County.
• Supporting with upskilling and training in areas such as adult recruitment and retention.
You can contact Elizabeth about any of these topics on Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org