A message from the Camp Leader.
We are clearly facing some challenging times as the country, and the world, battles with COVID-19. You can be assured that this is at the forefront of our minds with regard to Challenge20. At the start of the Challenge20 planning process, we set out with the ambition to give young people the opportunity to experience a fun, challenging, exciting adventure with friends, feeling safe, empowered and valued whilst developing skills and memories for life, shaped by Young People.
As a County, in a climate where so many activities and opportunities for young people are currently being cancelled, we are really keen to continue to provide this fantastic festival for young people should we be able to do so. To that end, rather than cancel or postpone the event outright at this stage, we will delay making a decision as to whether or not the event will go ahead until the 27th April 2020, when hopefully the national picture around COVID-19 will be a little clearer. Should we be in a position at that point to continue the event as planned, we will, of course, extend the group booking deadline by at least a month to allow groups the opportunity to publicise the event to young people and families and gather in their own bookings. Please do continue talking to the young people and parents in your Group or section about the event where possible so that if the event goes ahead, you are in a position to be able to re-open your own bookings process as soon as we make that decision. Should we be in the unfortunate position where we are forced to cancel or postpone the event at that point, we will of course refund any monies already paid to the County in respect of Group or staff bookings.
Until that point, our hard-working planning teams are continuing their work to realise the vision of Challenge20 as a fantastic opportunity for our young people. Should you have any queries please do contact us via the Challenge20 website at challengecamp.org.uk.