Our current County vacancies are:
If none of these roles are suitable for you, but you do wish to join our Team, please contact David Grindford, County Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant County Commissioner – Scouts
Purpose: To drive, support and develop the provision of a fun, challenging and high quality programme that is consistently delivered to all young people in the Scout section in Central Yorkshire.
- Drive the development of the Scout section programme in Central Yorkshire with the support of Assistant District Commissioners (Scouts) and members of the County Team. This might include:
- With the input of Scouts themselves, developing programme opportunities and events for Scouts within Central Yorkshire.
- Working with the Assistant County Commissioner (International) to support the provision of a international opportunities for the Scout section.
- Provide support to Assistant District Commissioners (Scouts) to deliver an inspiring and balanced programme to all Scouts. This might include:
- Meeting with Assistant District Commissioners (Scouts) as regularly as is required to achieve Key Tasks 1, 2 & 3 (in practise this is likely to be 5-6 times per year).
- Communicating relevant information from the County with Assistant District Commissioners (Scouts) and other relevant parties by appropriate means.
- From time to time, where possible, visiting District Scout section events and Scout Troops to discuss and support the Scout section programme.
- Working with the Assistant District Commissioners (Scouts), ensure that every Scout is given the opportunity to achieve their top section awards and is recognised for achieving it. This might include:
- Co-ordinating County-level support where required to allow awards to be obtained.
- Supporting the County Awards Presentation Evening where possible.
- As a member of the County Team, to work with all County team members ensure that the County delivers an exciting range of programme opportunities and events. This might include:
- Contributing to County Team meetings (usually held 5-6 times per year)
- Where other commitments allow, supporting the delivery of wider County events and programme opportunities.
Line management responsibilities: None
Key contacts: Assistant District Commissioners (Scouts), County Commissioner, Deputy County Commissioner (Programme), Assistant County Commissioners (International, Activities, Explorer Scouts, Events).
The role requires a DBS check and the holder will need to complete a Managers and Supporters Wood Badge.
For more information or an informal chat about this role, please contact James Nehaul at email@example.com
Assistant County Treasurer – Central Yorkshire Scouts
Do you have a good head for numbers and also the ability to see the bigger picture?
If so, we could use your talents to help transform the lives of young people in Leeds and Wakefield.
As the County continues to grow in numbers of young people and scale of operations, we are looking to appoint an Assistant County Treasurer to support the administration of the increasing levels of financial activity. The role will support the County Treasurer in providing sound financial administration, support and guidance to the County Executive, County Team and County Activity Centres.
Key activities will include:
- preparing invoices for payment;
- raising invoices for income due to the County;
- updating the financial ledger;
- reconciliation of the County bank accounts;
- assisting with the preparation of budgets and forecasts for Aldwark, Bramhope and specific events and activities run by the County.
Key skills required:
- strong organisational and communication skills;
- ability to work as part of a team;
- able to work to a high degree of detail;
- able to effectively analyse financial information;
- excellent IT skills.
The role holder would be required to have a valid enhanced Scout Association DBS check.
If this role is of interest to you please contact Stuart Jolley, County Treasurer, for an initial discussion by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07766 201889.
Duty Wardens – Bramhope
Bramhope have now put together the 2019 rota for Wardens at Bramhope Scout Campsite and Activity Centre.
For Wardens staying overnight on site (we need a responsible person to stay Friday and Saturday nights) we provide comfortable centrally heated bungalow accommodation with open plan living space. There is separate sleeping accommodation including twin and double bedrooms along with shower and toilet.
From 2019 we are introducing a new concept of Assistant Warden in recognition of the increased popularity and usage of Bramhope. This role will not be required every weekend, it depends on how busy the site is. In most instances this will only involve attending at the busiest time of the weekends – normally Friday night and/or Sunday afternoon when demands on the Warden are the greatest.
Or if you want to have real fun we are looking for volunteers to open and run the shop on weekends.
If you’re interested in a Behind the Scenes day at Bramhope, please contact John Smallwood at John.Smallwood@cycscouts.org.uk
Please contact John Smallwood John.Smallwood@cycscouts.org.uk to register an interest or for more information.